MapInfo Pro is a desktop geographic information system (GIS) software product produced by Pitney Bowes Software (formerly MapInfo Corporation) and used for mapping and location analysis. MapInfo Pro allows users to visualize, analyze, edit, interpret, understand and output data to reveal relationships, patterns, and trends. MapInfo Pro allows users to explore spatial data within a dataset, symbolize features, and create maps. Mapinfo offers capabilities with flexible map displays, instant customisation, robust background maps, advanced analytics and smarter calculations. The latest release of the world’s premier mapping application just got simpler, faster and smarter. Enhanced in so many ways, the new MapInfo Pro software lets you visualise data and capitalise on those insights in less time than ever. It’s never been easier to be more precise, productive and successful.
Pitney Bowes Software (formerly MapInfo Corporation)
- Insurance – Analyze exposure to risk from environmental or natural hazards such as floods, tornadoes, hurricanes or crime. Perform demographic and risk analysis to determine the best target locations to acquire new potential policy holders.
- Environment – Analyze and assess environmental impacts such as pollution, erosion, invasive species, climate changes including human induced changes to the environment.
- Engineering – Coordinate with local planning and engineering groups for construction projects. Assist related groups by helping them understand environmental impacts or locations of public or utility infrastructure such as water, gas and electrical services.
- Telco – Produce coverage maps, visualize gaps in coverage, plan for additional coverage. Maximize new investment based on demographics, local terrain and available real estate for cell tower sites.
- Marketing – The application of location intelligence to identify geographic areas in which to deliver marketing.
- Retail Site Selection – Determining the optimum location to open or close a site (store, factory, depot etc.). The selection process is typically based on customers or worker location, demographics, buying patterns, transport links, nearby facilities.
- Crime Analysis – Systematic analysis of spatial data for identifying and analyzing patterns and trends in crime and disorder.
- Mineral Exploration – Visualisation of spatial data such as drill holes, soil samples, geophysical survey data, tenement boundaries and cadastral data.
- Precision mapping from Pitney Bowes helps drive greater profitability for Cominco.
- Ability to map remote regions aids in ecologically responsible mining completed on time and on budget.
- Small mining company based in UK
- Licensed to explore phosphate deposit in Republic of Congo
- Needs to find right location for building mining operation
- Complete mining project within budget
- Use location intelligence to inform business decisions
- Limit impact on local populations, environment
- Completed detailed mapping of the region and the phosphate deposit
- Field work is managed efficiently and cost-effectively
- Executives can make better business decisions
Enquire About This Product
No post found